30 under 30 alumni
Since it started in 2012, the 30 Under 30 Scheme has contributed many great activists to the Green Party and has developed a number of great activists along the way. Here's what they said about their experience:
“30u30 gave me the skills, knowledge, and confidence to take a more active role in the Young Greens and my local party as well as the opportunity to meet inspiring Young Greens from across England and Wales"
~ Benedict Allbrooke, Young Greens Treasurer (2017-2018), Brighton & Hove Green Party Deputy Chair
"Being part of 30u30 was an empowering experience for me as it not only gave me training and confidence to progress politically, but it also put me into contact with lovely activists from across the country. The variety of activities and venues were a truly enriching experience, whilst accessibility and planning for the events were very considerate. A must for any young person wanting to gain more knowledge, skills and confidence in and out of the political activism sphere."
~ Tariq Khan, FYEG EC and Former Young Greens International Officer
"30 under 30 allowed me to meet other young Greens, make great friends, develop invaluable skills and knowledge, and was also an asset on my CV. It was a brilliant experience that I couldn't recommend more."
~ Julia Lagoutte - Editorial Assistant at the Green European Journal
"The 30 Under 30 scheme helped me go from someone who was new to politics to standing as a parliamentary candidate a year later"
~ Michael Holt - Green Party Candidate for Hartlepool, 2015 General Election
“I have really valued my 30 under 30 experience. It has exposed me to wonderful people and afforded me the confidence to become involved in the party on a level I would not have believed possible before the scheme.”
~ Siobhán MacMahon - Former Young Greens Co-Chair (2013-2015)
- Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader of the Green Party of England and Wales
- Siobhan MacMahon, Former Co-Chair of the Young Greens
- Clifford Fleming, Former Co-Chair of the Young Greens
- Tariq Khan, Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) Executive Committee
- Charlene Concepcion, Former Equality and Diversity Coordinator of the Green Party of England and Wales
- Emma Carter, Former Chair of GPEx and former Finance Coordinator of the Green Party of England and Wales
- Carla Denyer, Bristol City Councillor and Whip for the Green Group
- Ben Parker, Young Greens Co-Chair
- Julia Lagoutte, Editorial Assistant at the Green European Journal
- Hannah Graham, Young Greens Co-Chair
- Benali Hamdache, Former Equalities Spokesperson