Complaints and Disputes
What to do if you feel that something in the Young Greens has gone wrong
- Young Greens Constitution;
- Young Greens Standing Orders;
- Green Party Constitution;
- Green Party Standing Orders;
- Green Party Code of Conduct;
- any other organisational policies of the Green Party of England and Wales and Young Greens, including anti-harassment and Safe Space policies
Complaints and disputes are considered by the Complaints and Disputes Subcommittee (C&D). If you wish to submit a complaint, or feel you need help resolving a dispute, please email [email protected], clearly stating against whom the complaint is submitted if it is a complaint,, and providing any evidence you may possess of a breach of any of the documents stated above.
If you don’t feel comfortable approaching the C&D, you may contact the Young Greens staff member, or the Young Greens Equality and Diversity Officer, who can be found here.
- New evidence emerges relating to the original complaint
- C&D had broken procedure as outlined in the Constitution