Applications for 30 under 30 close one week today!
Start the New Year with a new opportunity and apply before the deadline closes on Friday 12th January!
This one year programme offers you the training, mentoring and support needed for you to gain the skills that will help you become the next generation of MPs, Councillors or Assembly Members. 30 Under 30 alumni includes deputy leader Amelia Womack, Green Councillors, London Assembly members and more.
Foyez Syed, our former Young Greens of Colour Co-chair and 2016 participant said:
“30 under 30 is a great way to get an insight into the Green Party, their policy and how political campaigning works at a local level. I’m looking forward to volunteering in Caroline Lucas’s office in the coming months, an opportunity afforded to me by being part of this scheme.”
What the scheme offers
- 5 weekends with training, insider information, tours, networking and career advice
- A training programme consisting of policy, campaigns, media & press, public speaking & debating
- A mentoring programme, with individuals assigned to the person most closely suiting their political ambitions
- Financial support for members to attend and get involved through an access fund system
- A chance for members to raise their profile and get involved in the party democracy
We’ve both been previous participants on the programme and we can’t emphasise enough what a valuable experience it was for us. We picked up a load of new skills, and are now co-chairing the Young Greens of England and Wales. This could be you next year!
If you have the commitment and willingness to learn new skills, 30 Under 30 is for you. It’s a simple application process so make sure you apply this week by following this link!
Happy New Year,
Hannah Graham & Ben Parker
Young Greens Co-Chairs